Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Spelling Disgrace

I'm still grading papers madly, with Oct. 26 as the end in sight that I'll get a reprieve for a bit, so I thought I'd post a short thought about spelling.
Everyone knows that spelling isn't emphasized any more. As Alec Baldwin says in a commercial for Capital One, "Spelling, that's not a subject, that's an App, right?"
Well, I was on the App store the other day searching for "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!" the NPR news show. I figured it must have an app that I could listen to.
As I typed in the letters, wai.... the app store began making suggestions of what I might be looking for.
Unfortunately, the most popular search that begins wai... waight watchers.



6 comments:

Lucia said...

laugh out loud

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I am with Lucia :-)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

LOL and I though it was "wait watchers" until I joined:)

Just Me said...

Ha ! That is too funny!

Personally, I'm a terrible speller. No matter what, the spelling always looks wrong. There are days when "the" and "of" for some reason don't look right.

Thank goodness your blog has a built in spell check.

Just Me said...

W.A.I.T ... Why Am I Talking

Jackie McGuinness said...

Oh my!!!!!!!!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...