Friday, January 31, 2014

Blogging Every Day

No one may have noticed it, but I posted on my blog every day this month.
I didn't necessarily make that my goal, but once I started posting and I got so far, I thought I might as well continue and try to come up with something every day.
I've made a lot of blogging friends through my love of books, and I regularly participate in blog memes three days a week. There's my meme, Dreaming of France on Mondays, First Paragraph on Tuesdays with the beginning of a book I'm reading, and Saturday Snapshot on Saturdays.
That only left me four days to come up with other topics.
Before I became a book blogger and an author, touting my own novels, I wrote a lot about my family.
As a matter of fact, when I got busy writing about books, one reader said to another reader, "I guess Paulita isn't blogging any more."
What she meant is that the only thing I blogged about was books -- mine and other authors' books.
So I'm trying to hit a happy medium -- writing about my family, my life, my job, my dreams, my observations, and also books that I read.
I'm not sure it's made a difference, and I haven't really committed to blogging every day for the rest of the year, or even next month.
But I appreciate those of you who take the time to read my blog, and those who leave comments too. It makes me feel a little less alone in the world.

8 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I did write a post at the beginning of the month talking about Paris and France, as I was homesick, then I did not write another one for almost 3 weeks, until yesterday. I did some good reading though – books on Russia, not France. It has been cold here too in the Metro Atlanta area, but we are slowly getting back to normal.

Just Me said...

Well I noticed that you're "blogging again" and enjoyed every bit of it. Although I admit I noticed late in the process, as I had fallen off visiting with all the book reviews. Only because I'm not a voracious reader like most of your followers.

I also noticed you're responding more. I went through a period of loneness and during that spell blogs felt like one way conversations that made me feel worse. Just something I was going through.

Bloggers should not feel they have to satisfy all of their readers.

And recently I've been visiting using my phone and I spend so much time (not good with this new touch screen device) writing a comment only for it to disappear when I press publish. I find it difficult to recreate my first reaction.

Just happened again. ugh. But it was important for me to let you know I love your blog.



(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I noticed you were posting more often, but didn't realize it was every day. How great for you. I do enjoy reading your posts (the family ones bring back memories to the mid 90's when my children were the same ages of yours.)

Paulita said...

Thanks to all of you for your responses. It is nice to hear from people who are reading my blog, especially when they agree with me. :) I need to be careful not to get too caught up in writing only book news all the time, plus I love to look back and see the drama I was dealing with at the time.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Paulita , I also noticed you were blogging more. I just don't know how you find the time,. and Inspiration. I have not even taking a photograph for weeks and weeks, not much around here. I am sure you will find your happy compromise :-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

You are definitely not alone in the world ,, x

Just Me said...

Agree Agree ... I don't know how you do it all.

Lucia said...

i love reading your blog every day and am happy you post regularly even though I don't say it. I also hope the boys make it to States. Sorry I don't comment but I read the blogs from work and sometimes I just take the time to read the blogs. Anyway Happy Sunday! I better get back on the blogging bus myself.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...