Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dreaming of France -- Le Weekend

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
No, I haven't seen Le Weekend yet, but I want to. It won't be in Columbus until April. The description says a married couple return to Paris to add some pizzazz to their marriage. From the trailers I've seen, they're surprised that things feel very different because they have aged. They're a little more persnickety; the stairs seem much steeper (plus they're out of shape).
Then they run into an old friend, Jeff Goldblum, and he acts as a catalyst to changes.
Here's the trailer:
Have you seen it?
Are you going to? I'll be on the road much of Monday, but I hope to visit your blogs soon. I hope you'll visit each others blogs so you can get more of your France fix.

8 comments:

Vicki Lesage said...

I'm so out of the loop these days, I hadn't even heard of this movie. But it looks right up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

Adria said...

I haven't seen the movie, but it does sound like a good one. Who can resist a movie with scenes of Paris? :)

Louise said...

I'm very excited about this movie, it's playing in my small town from Thursday, for one week only, so I will have to go see it on Saturday. I hadn't seen the trailer before, only the poster, it looks great. I will report back of course one Monday.

Jeanie said...

I love Jim Broadbent AND Jeff Goldblum -- this will certainly be on my list! Don't think I can play this week -- but I'll check in on others!

Lucia said...

Definitely...left me somewhat teary eyed!

Sim Carter said...

I want to see it too! Today for Dreaming of France, I hope your followers will want to read my take on your fantastic novel I See London, I See France.
And I've promised everyone you'll be writing a My Book, the Movie post sharing your picks for your dreamcast. I can't wait to see who you'd pick to play three male leads, and especially, Caroline.

Leovi said...

Yes, I like it, seems to be fun!

Vicki Lesage said...

Hi Paulita! I nominated you for the Liebster Award: http://vickilesage.blogspot.fr/2014/03/liebster-award.html. If you have time, it's a fun little thing to do :)

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...