Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blessings

Before I start to sound like a privileged whiner (after reading my previous post), let me just say how grateful I am to have my parents around.
I realize as I kvetch about petty details, that many of my friends no longer have their parents to complain about.
So last night, Dad and I took a ride around the golf course. Dad had made margaritas before dinner, so we both carried one along with us.
He usually plays in the golf league that was going on, so he searched for his cronies who were able to be on the links while he was laid up with a cast on his foot, trying to heal an infected sore.
Although the heat is nearly unbearable in most places in Florida, riding along the golf course, the grass and trees helped bring the temperature down, and rather than the usual afternoon showers, a nice breeze had kicked up.
I took a selfie of the two of us.

And I hope it helps me to remember how lucky I am to spend time with him and with Mom.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

On the contrary, my dear, I loved your posting. It was very insightful and funny. I'm no expert but humor and not taking things so seriously have helped me tremendously when dealing with aging parents. If my mother-in-law insists on calling Facebook Spacebook I think we should stop correcting her. (Smiles) Also your relative privilege (probably in the eye of the holder) makes me love your point of even more.

Paulita said...

Thanks for making me sound wise rather than frustrated. You always look for my good side.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...