Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tuesday Intros -- The Little Paris Bookshop


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
This morning the library notified me that I had a knew download available. I love getting a library book through email. I clicked on the link then clicked on download and there it was on my Kindle.
This time I received The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. Anyone who knows my obsession with France will know why I 'm excited about this book.
The bookshop proprietor doles out books like a pharmacist does medicine. He knows how to heal anyone's emotions, except his own.
Here's the intro:
How on earth could I have let them talk me into it?The two generals of number 27 Rue Montagnard -- Madame Bernard, the owner, and Madame Rosalette, the concierge -- had caught Monsieur in a pincer movement between their ground-floor flats.
"That Le P. has treated his wife shamelessly."
"Scandalously. Like a moth treats a wedding veil."
"You can hardly blame some people when you look at their wives. Fridges in Chanel. But men?  Monsters, all of them."
"Ladies, I don't quite know what..."
"Not you of course, Mosieur Perdu. You are cashmere compared with the normal yarn from which men are spun."
Sounds like these ladies are masters of figurative language.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading.

9 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I am really looking forward to reading this book. Hopefully sometime soon! I sure does sound good.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That last line -- "You are cashmere compared with the normal yarn from which men are spun." -- is enough to make me want to read this book! It sounds delightful.
My Tuesday post features SAMUEL & SOPHIA.

Mystica said...

Sounds delightful.

Monica's Bookish Life said...

I've been interested in reading this book. I like the opening, so I'd keep reading. I hope that you enjoy it!

Kay said...

Yes, I love the imagery. I'd keep reading. Enjoy!

Vicki said...

I'd keep reading!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've been wanting to try this one and loved the intro as well. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WEEK.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Love the sound of this one, and you can't beat the setting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Nise' said...

I like the intro. Going to request this one.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...